We simply love cakes the way it is and the way it tastes is something that even individuals with hearts of stone are craving for. Truly, as time goes by their comes different variants of cakes but if you will ask me what is the best type of cake, I will say “it is the cheesecake”, it’s because not only of its taste but also the texture and the feeling when you eat it is something to treasure for years. Aside from that there are also a lot of variants of cheese cake that we can choose. From different flavors to different topping to different base ingredients. Cheesecakes are truly God’s gift to us like chocolates, the food for the God, maybe cheesecakes or cakes would simply be the pastries for the Gods. If you are going to have yourself a cheesecake experience, better not go to the nearest bakeshop or patisserie to buy your cheesecake, instead go to the supermarket and find your way to make your own cheesecake, which is also customized and can be named by you. So here is a sample recipe that I will share to you to give you the head start in cooking cheesecakes.
Vanilla Cheesecake with Cherry Topping
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons water
- Cooking spray
- 3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2/3 cup tawny port or other sweet red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (10-ounce) bags frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven up to 400°.
- To prepare crust, combine first 3 ingredients, tossing with a fork. Add 2 teaspoons water; toss with a fork until moist and crumbly. Gently press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- To prepare filling, beat cheeses with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add to cheese mixture; beat well. Add sour cream; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; stir seeds into cheese mixture, reserving bean halves.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan; bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- To prepare topping, combine port, 1/2 cup sugar, cherries, and reserved vanilla bean halves in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until cherries are thawed and mixture is syrupy. Remove vanilla bean halves; discard.
- Combine juice, cornstarch, and 4 teaspoons water, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Stir cornstarch mixture into cherry mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and shiny. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill. Serve over cheesecake.
Now that you know how to make your own cheesecake, it is time for you to discover how you can innovate it and maybe use it to earn money and start your own favorite bakeshop. Just remember not to lose control of your sweet tooth as cheesecakes do have a lot of sugar and carbs.