Avocadoes are also known as alligator pears or Persea Americana Miller and are becoming in season nowadays. As we all know and would normally consider, this fruit is normally used to make juices, fruit shakes, or dessert, there are now more variety of ways to enjoy avocadoes in your daily meals. The thick consistency and dull taste of avocadoes had made it so efficient in making omelette and other dishes you may think of. Some have even applied this into baking in replacement for a partial amount of fat. Avocadoes are said to be rich in cholesterol. True enough this is though the cholesterol present in avocadoes are considered “heart healthy” making it good for everyone. It is actually essential to add this fruit to your regular diet because of the essential nutrients it contains. Thus, you really need to find creative ways to enjoy this fruit if you are to take it everyday. You’ll find this recipe very easy to do for the breakfast of your whole family. It is guaranteed nutritious at the same time delicious that you wouldn’t think yourself forcing other people to eat it because they’ll surely love it.
What you’ll need:
2 whole ripe, firm avocadoes, peeled and sliced in thin pieces
1-2 tablespoon parsley or cilantro leaves chopped
8 whole eggs,
1-2 tablespoon water
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter or sunflower oil for sautéing
How to prepare:
- Beat eggs with 1-2 tablespoon of water and set aside.
- Sprinkle avocado slices with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter or sunflower oil (if you want it healthier) in a heavy bottom frying pan.
- Gently add the avocado slices followed by the parsley or cilantro leaves. Sautee the avocadoes and parsley carefully by shaking it gently and jolting the pan.
- Divide the avocadoes into four portions and set aside.
- Beat two eggs at a time adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a small skillet, melt butter or oil, and tilt the pan in all directions to allow the oil to spread along the pan.
- Add a portion of the avocado to the beaten egg, stir slightly to blend then pour into the hot buttered pan to make individual omelette.
- Repeat the same process for the other three portions.
- Serve immediately to enjoy your hot omelette.
The whole recipe can give you 4 servings for the whole family to enjoy. You can opt to add cheese with avocado to make the omelette more delicious but better choose those healthy types of cheese or you’ll just destroy your healthy omelette. You can also try grinding the avocadoes and can be used the way you add mayonnaise in omelette. It is a perfect alternative as it contains healthy cholesterol unlike in mayonnaise. This can also make your omelette creamy and fluffy. Avocadoes are now being promoted by nutritionists all over the world despite the fraud advertisement of avocado as unhealthy. They have strong evidence that avocadoes do well for you r health. It contains healthy oils, antioxidants and different vitamins and minerals for your health. It is actually good for those under low-carb diet as it satisfy your appetite better than other food. This is a perfect “must-add” on your menus for your healthy diet.