We cannot deny the fact that many of us are in love with cherries, it is simply adorable and tasty when it comes with our favorite ice cream dessert or our favorite homemade pastries. But do you know that aside from being an additive or a topping, cherries have a lot more thing to do, with its distinctively sweet and aromatic taste that will surely get one individual into a crazy and irresistible sweet temptation, and at some point, in my case, when I start munching some cherries I can’t help myself into eating a lot of it, making me float in the air full of cherries in the cloud 9. Back into the real world; cherries can be the main ingredient into some of our favorite desserts and beverages like cakes, ice cream, fruit shakes, pies, tarts, juices, salads, and many more; as long as you feel like to eat cherries in a unique and fun manner, you can do it, and you will surely have fun of it. But the good thing in cherries is that it comes handy with cakes and other pastries. One of these is the Cherry Ripe Cheesecake. Cherry and cheese do have a possibility of being paired with each other, rather than being served separately. Here is a recipe of the Cherry Ripe Cheesecake for you to start cooking and satisfying your guilty pleasures with cheese and cherries.
Cherry Ripe cheesecake
Total Yield: 12 servings
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 12 light chocolate biscuits
- 440g extra-light cream cheese
- 375g low-fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup pure icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 200g pitted frozen cherries
- 2 pieces 52g Cherry Ripe bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm springform cake tin. Arrange biscuits in base of tin in a single layer, trimming to fit.
- Place the cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and vanilla into a food processor or a mixer. Mix well until it becomes smooth. Add the eggs, mix well until properly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add in the cherries and the half of the chopped Cherry Ripe. Mix well until all ingredients are properly mixed and all solid ingredients well distributed in the mixture to assure the consistency of the taste.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 1 hour or until just set in centre. Turn oven off, leaving door slightly ajar. Set aside the cheesecake inside the oven for a minimum of 4 hours to cool.
- When completely cool, remove cheesecake from pan. Top with remaining Cherry Ripe.
Nutritional Information per serving
Saturated Fats: 6g
Dietary Fibre: 1g
Aside from the nutritional information given, cherries are also a great vitamin C and anti-oxidant like the other berries that are well-known to us. Cherries are also great when it comes to fighting against the effects of aging through its high anti-oxidant content, but you must take control as it also have a high sugar content.