You’re family is like an extension of oneself. When you are married especially when you start to have children, you no longer think about your welfare. You might even end up not thinking about your own welfare and focused on providing and protecting your children as they grow. You may do everything to give them their needs or simply give them the best that there is in this world. Unfortunately, providing them with the best might be too costly for you. Though health care may be one of the primary needs of your children, food, shelter, clothing and education are also some in the priority needs. At that case, you should look for a credible yet affordable family healthcare insurance to support your family health needs. There are several affordable family healthcare insurance that you can actually apply for. They not only support your own health needs but at the same time, provide possible health needs of your whole family including your wife and your children.
As compared to an individual healthcare insurance, family healthcare insurance are of higher premiums since they are to support your whole family health needs. Affordable family healthcare insurance are cheaper since you are to pay less if you are to divide your monthly premiums to the members of your family. At the same time, this is the only procedure for your children to be insured as some individual insurance have allowable age limits to acquire. Children are not allowed to have long tern individual health insurance unless under the family health insurance coverage. Sourcing out affordable family healthcare insurance may actually save you and your whole family into bankruptcy in case some accidents or illness may happen to any members of your family.
With you and your family under even a single affordable family healthcare insurance, you are now capable of availing low-cost or even free health care. Just check out what are now mandated by law or the policy of the insurance you have chosen and start availing different health care services that can be taken cheap or are absolutely free. Here are some resources that may help you choose and avail affordable family healthcare insurances:
- Private Insurance Options
– Though they may be more expensive than Medicare or other government insurances, there are still some that offer cheap premiums. You can simply request for quotations and choose which among the affordable family healthcare Insurance suits your family needs. There are now insurance and coverage finding tool in the internet that can help you shop on private health insurances. Normally, all health insurance companies offer family healthcare insurance programs. Though not all may be considered among the affordable family healthcare insurance, you can at least pick the one that suits your budget.
– Medicaid programs offer affordable family healthcare insurance that allows you to have coverage for women and children. Coverage may differ according to states but normally they could already provide the essential health needs of your family such as Laboratory and X-ray services, Inpatient hospital services, Outpatient hospital services, Health screenings for children and treatment if medical problems are identified, Comprehensive dental and vision services for children, Family planning services and supplies, Long-term care services and supports, Medical and surgical dental services for adults, Pediatric and family nurse practitioner services, Prescription drugs and others that are added in your particular state. If you are already enrolled in Medicaid and have a child born, you do not need to register them until they reach their first year; they are automatically registered and is eligible for coverage.
- Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
– Health insurance through CHIP is designed as an affordable family healthcare insurance. Every state operates a CHIP, although most states have unique names for their programs like Child Health Plus (New York), Healthy Families (California), and Hoosier Healthwise (Indiana). In several states, CHIP and Medicaid are combined into one program.
– Routine “well child” doctor visits are provided free of charge, but there may be copayments for certain other services. Many states also charge a monthly premium for coverage. The costs you’ll be responsible for under CHIP are different in each state, but cannot be more than 5% of your family’s income each month.
– All CHIP programs are required to cover Routine check-ups, Immunizations, Dental and vision care, Inpatient and outpatient hospital care, and Laboratory and X-ray services. Additional services may already differ in the state you belong. To find information about children’s coverage programs in your state and other options available to you, use the insurance and coverage finder or visit InsureKidsNow.gov
- Community Health Centers
– Community Health Centers are hospitals, health centers, or clinics that provide free or low-cost health care. These places provide prenatal care, baby shots, prescription drugs, general primary care, and specialized care for more serious conditions including mental health, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS. Anyone may use a community health care center, whether you have health insurance or not. How much you pay will depend on your income. Just search for the Community healthcare centers and they are very willing to help you and your family.
Before availing any affordable family healthcare insurance, you must know the following updates on the affordable healthcare act. This will enable you to know your rights especially in having a family health insurance. The Affordable Care Act gives you more control over your family’s health care. When key parts of the health care law take effect in 2014, there’ll be a new way to get health insurance: the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Marketplace is designed to help you find health insurance that fits your budget, with less hassle. Find out how you can get a break on costs.
For families, it would be essential for you to know these following privileges:
- Teens and Young Adults Can Stay on Your Plan: If your children are under age 26, you can generally insure them if your policy allows for dependent coverage.
- Coverage for Children’s Pre-Existing Conditions: Job-based health plans and new individual plans are no longer allowed to deny or exclude coverage for your kids (under age 19) based on a pre-existing condition, including a disability.
- No More Lifetime Limits on Your Care: Insurance companies can no longer impose lifetime dollar limits on essential health benefits. And annual dollar limits will be phased out in 2014.
- Preventive Care Is Covered: Many insurers are now required to cover preventive services at no cost to you. This includes new preventive benefits for mothers and vaccinations for kids.
- Insurance Companies Are Held Accountable: Your premium dollars must be spent primarily on health care, not advertising or bonuses for executives. And insurance companies must now publicly justify any unreasonable rate hikes