Hair is so important especially to us women. It is the crowning glory of a woman’s beauty. Taking care of our hair is not just about choosing the right kind of shampoo, with the right conditioner, going to the salon but most importantly, nourishing our hair from within by feeding it with the right amount of nutrients for growth and strength. The nutrient deficiency would normally take longer time to notice in our hair unlike in skin and other parts of the body but when detected, it is quite difficult to recover since nourishment would also take some time to show. Thus, feeding your hair properly should begin know to keep it strong, healthy and very beautiful whether curly, straight, long or short.
- Salmon, herring, trout, avocadoes, and pumpkin seeds are rich in protein and vitamin D that can make your hair strong from breakage. The omega -3 fatty acids present in these foods are needed to make your hair grow healthy.
- Walnuts also contain omega-3 fatty acids. It also has biotin and vitamin E that protect cells from DNA damages which is important to protect the hair against direct sunlight.
- Oysters are rich in Zinc in which deficiency can result to hair loss even in the eyelashes. It can also result to having dry and flaky scalp when you are zinc deficient.
- Sweet potatoes is a great source of Beta-carotene , an antioxidant which is converted into vitamin A in our body which is needed for cell body functions. It also makes the body produce oil to sustain scalp to prevent you from having dandruff which is a sign of vitamin A deficiency.
- Eggs are loaded with Zinc, Selenium, Sulfur, and Iron that helps carry oxygen to the hair follicle to keep the cells healthy. Anemia is an iron deficiency illness which can result to major hair loss especially to women.
- Spinach is very rich in vitamin C, Iron and Beta-carotene which keeps hair healthy by allowing circulation of oil into the follicle.
- Blue berries, strawberries, kiwi, tomatoes are eaten to provide with nutrients to support the small blood vessels that transport food and nutrients to the cells to feed the follicles.
Aside for food, other practices can also damage your hair such as smoking, hormonal imbalances, not enough sleep, and other s which can actually affect the body as whole. Dandruff, hairfall, split ends, and breaking hair strands due to weakness are just some of the common problems we women have to face every day. We are often fooled by different commercials that say their products are the solution to our problem. By keeping your hair healthy with proper nutrition, you may keep your hair with long lasting beauty without having to go to a salon. A healthy hair can make you standout with a crowd effortlessly. Just make sure to keep it clean outside by washing it every day. Keep these things in mind: the nutrients you eat today will help fortify the hair follicle-> healthy scalp-> HEALTHY HAIR! So feed your hair to be healthy and beautiful inside and out just as what your favorite shampoo commercial would say.