It is like reddish lines across the body in which in time will turn white. Yes. Those are stretch marks. It is very common for almost every woman in their lives to develop stretch marks especially to pregnant women in which their skin have to stretch rapidly to accommodate the baby and store milk in their breast. It also occurs to women who have drastically reduced weight. Once stretch marks develop, they will stay there forever though they may become less noticeable in time. However, while there are some who have generic predisposition to stretch marks and could get them everywhere, there are those who never get to develop stretch marks t all. You can consider them lucky but you can actually get your worries free from stretch marks. As said earlier, when stretch marks appears, they stay there forever so the best thing to do is to prevent having them in the first place. Here’s how to do it.
- Tone your muscles. This will help keep your skin firmer and thus, preventing stretch marks. Muscle toning is done by exercising. You have to keep yourself physically active by going on workouts for 30-60 minutes a day, minimum if 3 times a week.
- Eat food rich in vitamin C and protein and vitamin E. Make sure you eat the amount of these nutrients according to what is recommended to your particular stage or level. These nutrients promote good tissue growth.
- Massage your body. Using olive oil or vitamin E will help keep your skin healthy and prevent those stretch marks. You can also try this home-made recipe; mix one ounce of carrier oil such as avocado, sweet almond, or jojoba with seven drops of lavender and five drops of chamomile. This mixture will serve as good skin moisturizer, and good for massage as the scent of lavender and chamomile give a relaxing effect.
- Use cocoa butter or elastin cream. Apply it throughout your body as indicated in the direction on the label. These are also very good for stretch marks.
- Here’s another recipe for your stretch marks. Mix a half cup of virgin olive oil , ¼ cup of aloe Vera gel, liquid from six capsules of vitamin E, and liquid from four capsules if vitamin A. After mixing all the ingredients in a jar, store it in the fridge. Afterwards, you can now apply the oil externally all over places where stretch marks commonly appear which is at the abdomen, hips, thighs and breasts.
Doing the following tips above regularly or everyday will eventually reduce your tendency of having stretch marks. As you can see, it is more about taking care of your skin and keeping it firm so that it won’t get loose and end up with stretch marks. For those who want to lose weight, it would have been good to do it fast but you can end up having stretch marks if you force yourself to losing weight drastically. Losing weight at the right moderation and with the help of exercise will prevent you having stretch marks. So keep your skin stretch marks free to be able to enjoy and love your body even more.