If you want to be healthy, you should start discovering how to prepare or make use of healthy stuff by including them in your everyday meals. Some or perhaps most of us would want to be healthy but cannot seem to appreciate the taste of healthy food. It seems that their will is not strong enough to force you to eat fruits and most of the time vegetables. “You are becoming a goat” as to what most would tease if you only eat vegetables. Unfortunately, you really need to let vegetables and fruits have their place in your diet. They are by-far the best source of vitamins and minerals that our body needs to be healthy. It is actually better than supplements as most doctors would recommend.
The good thing is you can try innovating meals to make it healthy and supply your body with nutrients and can still enjoy the taste of the food. By some time, you’ll soon realize how efficient your meal could be with all the nutrients you can acquire. The herbed chicken nugget is a creative dish that can suit you and your kids (if you have any). It is combined with several herbs that will really be good for your health and taste buds.
– 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast (breast is the healthiest part of the chicken. It is made up of whole white meat without the fat.)
– 2 beaten eggs
– 1 tablespoon water
– 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
– 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
– 1/2 cup wheat germ
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
- Combine the parsley, thyme, red pepper, bread crumbs, wheat germ, basil and ground pepper. Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly. Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and the chicken pieces to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
The whole procedure is so easy to prepare and can give you as much as 4 servings. Some may want to deep fry their nuggets but I strongly believe that baking is better and healthier as it frees you from unwanted cholesterol. Baking also allows release of the chicken’s juiciness making it more flavorful. You can try other herbs if you want or other stuff you may think is healthy. Herbs are added not only for the health benefits but also for the flavor it can add to your food. Buying ready made nuggets in groceries can increase your risk of acquiring ingredients that are bad for your health. It is still best to prepare and cook foods at home to make sure you know what you are taking into your body. Try this recipe and discover how healthy your food can be with your creativity and knowledge in food preparations. Enjoy!