Seafood is something that we can’t resist even though we are health enthusiasts or just food lovers. Seafood just have it all, from all the needed nutrients, to the mouth watering appearance, and to the breath taking taste of each recipe served to us fresh whether it’s an appetizer, a main dish, or a dessert. It is simply flexible through all kinds and variations of different cuisine, making it one of the most famous and healthiest kinds of foods ever. Humans as fish lovers soon began to experiment different ways to cook the blessing they get from the ocean, leading to the continuous discovery of new ways on how to serve our favorite seafood dish and to the exploration of new taste that will surely gather the attention of all.
Being a flexible kind of recipe base, seafood has now rich even to the famous Italian pasta recipes. With emphasis to the Italian Lasagna, the combination of the distinct taste of fish and the exquisite style of Italian cooking will surely be tasty for our hungry stomachs. Making your own seafood lasagna is as easy as ABC, just follow the steps carefully and you’ll get even with the recipe that you wanted.
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in oil and put 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil. Then, add the scallops, shrimps, crabs and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. After that, reduce heat; simmer, uncover for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently. Drain and reserve cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir it in flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the white sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top it with three lasagna noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat it in several layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake and then uncover, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. This will yield about 12 servings
This seafood recipe is more enjoyable with full body white wine. Each serving is equals to 373 calories, 22 g fat with 12 g saturated fat), 131 mg of cholesterol, 586 mg of sodium, 24 g of carbohydrate, 1 g of fiber and 20 g of protein. Serve this to your family or eat this with your friend and they will surely love your unique treat to them.