Though the summer seasons have passed by, we must never forget that working out or entering into physical activities is not seasonal. There are various ways of which we can spend our spare time in workouts and exercise, and one of it is swimming. Swimming is very enjoyable but at the same time it is effective in working out those sleepy muscles waiting for some intense actions. Swimming is a sport but at the same time it is an enjoyable way of bonding with your family, friends and neighbors.
Though same may view the sport as tiring and boring, and one thing that they say is “what’s the sense of moving yourself about the water and turning points in a pool. But they do not know that there are a lot of things that a swimmer attains with the application of the sport in their lifestyle. Swimming is a good exercise of which workouts many parts of the body from the respiration or breathing properly, to the endurance, to the resistance of the body, and to the thinking as well. And also it is known that every exercise boosts the hearts capacity to pump the blood inside the body.
Here are some reasons why you must enter and join into the swimming habit:
- It is better to exercise in the water that outside the water. When you are in the water you exercise more parts of your body. There is also a lesser chance of getting injured if you are exercising in water or for short swimming. You are more resistant when you are in the water, which prevents you in making sudden unexpected movements which may be harmful or damaging in the muscles. Also it is better to exercise in water because of the cooling effect of the water in the body.
- It is a lot more different than normal or basic exercises. Swimming is therapeutic, which means that you may cure certain phobias or diseases if you go swimming. It also relieves stress and introduces social environment among learners if they go with their friends.
- Improves flexibility and strength
- Increases endurance
- Introduces muscular flexibility
- It makes your muscles balanced and well-toned
- Makes your heart stronger
- Improves the physique
- Promotes good blood circulation
- Rehabilitates muscles
- Improves the ability to control and maintain healthy weight
- Makes you more vigorous and energetic
- It promotes cooperative muscle movement
- It is fun
- Introduces fellowship with other people in different groups
- Enjoyable – even when working hard
- It is a safe program
- A good way to spend time with friends
- Helps develop a positive and sound attitude (individually and as a group)
- Contributes to a feeling of well-being
- Teaches patience
- Releases stress and tension
- Renews energy
- It promotes good blood distribution in the brain.
- It makes you more functional and focused on your goals
Now knowing the benefits and the reasons why you must swim, now is the time to buy your own or find your swimming gear and start swimming for a healthy body.