For all vegetarian out there, your chance to make and experiment your own vegan food recipe is now trending on all places around the globe. Some have used their famous food recipes to be infused with the vegetarian cuisine and culture so that it may be applicable to the nature and manners of conservative food lovers. Like in Italy, where most of the dishes have a vegetarian counterpart, one, which has been very famous around the world has also been experimented and now was combined with a vegetarian taste and form, and it is the critically acclaimed and loved Pizzas.
Vegetarian Pizza is like the original pizza but the twist is that it doesn’t compose its keep mainly of dairy and meat products instead it has vegetables in it which makes it a unique food not only for vegetarian food lovers but also for brave tasters who are not afraid in venturing new tastes and new version of the food they usually eat. This vegetarian recipe based from Ashley Adams Vegetarian Pizza recipe will surely be of great help for vegetarian food lovers.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: Makes one large pizza
- 1 Recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 2 T. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Store-Bought Pizza Sauce, about 1/2 cup or as desired
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Garlic salt, for sprinkling (optional)
1. Prepare the Whole Wheat Pizza Crust according to the recipe’s instructions. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly oil a pizza pan or baking sheet.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic and onions for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Add the green pepper and mushrooms, and cook it for 2 to3 minutes more, or until all vegetables have become soft and fragrant but not soggy. Remove from heat afterwards.
3. Roll out the Pizza Crust according to the recipe’s instructions and place on the prepared sheet. Crimp a crust with your hands. Using a large soup spoon, spoon the store-bought pizza sauce onto the center of the pizza and spread out toward the crust. Place the cooked vegetables on top of the crust to evenly distribute, and then top it with slices of Roma tomatoes. After that lightly brush the crust with some olive oil and lastly it sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake it for 16 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Serve the pizza hot.
This pizza recipe will be enough to serve 8 people with average size of slices. You can also try other toppings ideas for a more enjoyable vegetarian pizza experience.
- Add some extra savor. Whip up a batch of Vegan Pesto spread it onto the crust and before the pizza sauce. (Or toss the vegetable toppings with pesto before adding to the pizza. Use tofu! Add baked or grilled tofu, or even Tofu Ricotta to your pizza with the veggies.
- Go French. After you’ve baked your pizza, serve topped with slices of Herbed Mushroom Plate for an extra-rich kick. The flavours of mushroom and thyme make any pizza sing!
- Spice things up. Instead of using a red sauce, spread this Dairy free Queso on top of the crust before baking and add a handful of jalapenos with the veggies. Serve with sides of homemade salsa and guacamole.